Ashland University graduate credit is available for all ITSCO classes. Accumulate 12.5 contact hours through any combination of ITSCO's classes (face-to-face, online, or virtual) within one calendar year and receive one semester hour of graduate credit. You may register for a 1, 2, or 3 graduate hour class. The fee per semester hour of credit through Ashland is $199.
Requirements for Credit:
- Attendance at 12.5 hours of sessions (excluding breaks and meals) for each semester hour and completion of one of the field study options below for each semester hour; and
- Active participation in discussions and activities; and
- Submitted session attendance log. Submit attendance log/certificates with your Field Study Option(s) 30 days after attendance at sessions or by August 1, 2017, whichever comes first. (See direction at the bottom of the page if you need help making a copy of the spreadsheet.)
Field Study Options for each semester hour:
Papers Due: 30 days after last session or by August 1, 2017, whichever comes first.
- As you reflect on your learning during this professional development experience, identify and explain two practices or concepts that resonated with you. In a two-page typed paper, describe how you will implement them in your district, school or classroom.
- Create a presentation on a topic presented during the classes to share with colleagues. Include your presentation and a one page typed paper describing the type of presentation, who the attendees would be, and any images, links and other resources used in presentation.
- If you take a ITSCO online badgeable course, you may submit the evidence of learning used to earn the badge. Please note that the "Creating a Learning Path" course assignment is not eligible for this requirement.
In order to receive graduate credit, please complete the following steps:
- Complete the Ashland online registration form and RETURN TO ASHLAND along with payment. Any applications or payments sent to ITSCO will be returned. Every 12.5 contact hours equals one semester hour of graduate credit for $199.
- Course Number 6160 P4 = 1 credit hour (course work must be completed by 8/1/17)
- Course Number 6160 R4 = 2 credit hour (course work must be completed by 8/1/17)
- Course Number 6160 S4 = 3 credit hour (course work must be completed by 8/1/17)
- Submit the attendance log and Field Study assignment.
- Complete the assignment submission form once you have completed all course work. You will receive a confirmation email within 10 business days confirming that your grades have been posted to Ashland.
Help making a Google or Excel copy of the attendance form....
To make a copy of the Google spreadsheet:
- After click on the attendance form link, make sure you are signed into your Google account (top right corner of the window).
- Select FIle > Make a copy. Enter a new document name (include your first and last name). The document is now saved in your Google Drive.
To download an Excel spreadsheet:
- Click on the attendance form link.
- Select FIle > Download as > Microsoft Excel. Make sure to include your first and last name when naming the file.